Job Application Form
Thank you for your interest in working with The Arcticom Group. Please fill out the following criteria and submit your resume and cover letter for review.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Field Service | Apprentice
Northern California, US
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PMC Southwest provides effective and efficient service in Refrigeration, HVAC, Energy Management, Installation Services, and Project Management for our clients. We currently provide service across California in the following territories: Northern California, Bay Area and Southern California. We have established relationships and currently service large-scale supermarkets, wholesale and retail local locations. PMC Southwest, LLC., (PMC Southwest) is a subsidiary of The Arcticom Group, LLC.
Refrigeration Unlimited Incorporated, LLC., (RUI) is looking for an individual who is seeking to utilize existing experiences and skillsets to perform as an Apprentice – Field Service Technician. This individual is expected to perform an basic level of safety and leak monitoring procedures; refrigeration piping and valves; defrost control; utilize diagnostic electrical instruments to effectively diagnose and resolves issues; perform basic preventative maintenance; hazardous material handling and labeling and MSDS; utilize knowledge of single compressor systems and HVAC systems; interact with clients as needed; travel to job site locations as directed; perform defensive driving and perform work in a timely and efficient manner.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Education at a trade school or community college is not required, but preferred.
- Certificate in HVAC/R (refrigeration) or HVAC is a plus.
- Experience working in the specific HVAC/R, Mechanical, Installation and Construction industries servicing supermarket refrigeration equipment.
- Trade experience in specialty areas of: plumbing, auto mechanical and electrical a plus.
- Pallet Jack experience/certification a plus
- Analytical and mechanical mindset
- Ability to work varying shift (days, nights & weekends on-call rotations).
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Be self-motivated and self-determined
- Ability to interact with customers professionally
- Desire to work independently
- Possess a strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Reports data and tracks all environmental metrics.
The following are a comprehensive, not exclusive, list of the physical requirements of the role:
- Lifting occasionally (up to 50 lbs.)
- Extended periods of standing, bending, stooping, reaching etc.
- Climbing and frequent work on ladders and roofs
- Extended period of sitting.
- Ladder usage and work on roofs
- Occasional work in small/confined spaces
- Increased noise level locations (equipment decibel levels)
- Temperate conditions (freezer and outside temperature conditions
- Being available and working on an on call is required
- Weekend and week night work
- Clean driving record
- Driving a Company vehicle (van/truck).
- Willing to work over 40 hours a week
- Work on a roof
- Work unsupervised
- Occasional travel required to other Arcticom group locations
We offer competitive pay dependent upon experience. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) retirement programs.
The Arcticom Group (TAG), is a U.S.-based network of commercial and industrial refrigeration companies that provide HVACR service/maintenance across the Western United States and installation services throughout North America.
The Arcticom Group, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.